Beef Bulalo Ingredients:
- 2 kg beef bone marrow, have your butcher chop it into small pieces
- 1 kg boneless beef shank or stewing beef
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2-3 Big Corns
- 8 Cups of Water
- 2-3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 whole medium cabbage, quartered
- 3-4 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Beef Bulalo Cooking Instructions:
- Blanch bone marrow and boneless beef shank or stewing beef in hot boiling water for a while and rinse in cold running tap water to remove scum and blood.
- Place bone marrow and onion in a stockpot, pour in the 3 liters of water and bring to the boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Add the boneless beef shank or stewing beef and return to the boil.
- When it boils, lower heat and simmer until beef is tender, about 1 to 1Â½ hours.
- Add the potatoes and bananas.
- Simmer until potatoes and bananas are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and stir in fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until cabbage is tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice.